We have small group (2-3) and individual classes. Please contact us for fee details. Most classes are face to face. Skype lessons will be undertaken only under special circumstances.
Availability for Teaching and Other Services:
Please use the contact form to get in touch with us regarding performance opportunities or teaching inquiries.
We, at SuMA, believe that music or any other art form thrives on the following:
1. Learning from a knowledgeable guru
2. Practicing what is learnt - exercises, old material and new lesson
3. Consistency - going to class without missing, practicing at home without skipping
4. Mindful practice - practicing the right way is as important as practicing every day.
5. Listening - to build repertoire, increase familiarity with the ragas and talas, form an opinion about what kid of music you like, and to find a style that works for you.
It is our duty, as educators, to facilitate these five aspects.
For Current and Prospective Students:
Carnatic Music Appreciation Blog - Basic Theory